Monday, January 11, 2010

My Holidays

Snow fun - I went skiing in Finkenberg which is in Austria. I had much fun skiing. Not only skiing was great, but also playing in the snow that started to melt the second day I was in Finkenberg. My brother joined me in the snowball fight I had with a tree. My bother and I had lots of fun with the snow. Unfortunately it was gone on the third day. We could just use the snow that on the top of a hill that we were skiing on. The day before we left it stated to snow.

Family - This year we weren't that much with the family, but we were. We met my grandparents and other relatives. We only one friend of mine, but not more. I got presents from everyone and enjoyed my short time with the family.

Christmas - I would say that Christmas is the highlight for many of us in the holiday. Well to me it wasn't. My highlight was the skiing. Christmas was good too thought. Right when we came home from skiing we got a Christmas tree that we could decorate and use, because we had no Christmas decorations in the house we were staying. My brother and I decorated it and then we went to a hotel to eat. We ate fish like always. It's just our tradition to eat vegetarian food at lunch (small meal) and then a big fish to share in the evening. Actually you shouldn't eat any meat at that day only in the evening. Before we eat we watch kids singing Christmas song near the church that is opposite the hotel we were eating. When we ate and came back to the house we opened our Christmas presents and talked together for a while. It was a good time celebrating Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Skied in Finkenberg, Austria??? COOL!! Sounds like you had a lot of fun skiing!!! I’ve never skied before… sounds like you’re good!!!Too bad the snow was gone on the third day well, it looks like you had a good time celebrating Christmas!!!
By the way, check my blog again… I put a photo of myself.