Sunday, May 6, 2012

Wednesday, 2nd May 2012

Rafflesia
Today we packed up and gathered our bags. Then we prepared to leave after breakfast. We made some echoes in the valley and then left. Today was the day that we would go on our hike to see the Rafflesia Arnoldii. It was an around 2 hour hike through the rain forest. We went through rivers, and some mud, climbed up rocks and personally I had lots of fun. The Rafflesia was very beautiful and I took as many pictures as I could until my camera went out of batteries again, for the millionth time. I found this a very beautiful hike.

When we got back to the bus we went to our new hotel in Bukittinggi. We then got some free time. During this free time we all went swimming and I lost my bracelet in the water. We also made a whirlpool. After our wonderful swim, we went for dinner. Just for some variety we went to Pizza Hut this time. After our dinner we went to see a traditional music and dance performance by the Sakato group. I made a bunch of videos, but the pictures ended up horrible. It was around 11 o'clock when we went to bed, because the performance took so long.

No comments: