Sunday, May 6, 2012

Monday, 30th April 2012

It was the week of ESP (Extended Study Program). To sum it all up, in 6th grade we all went to Bogor. Then in 7th grade we got to all go to Bali. And now in 8th grade we split up into 7 different groups. I was in the Environments group to Padang, Sumatra. Including the teachers there were about 30 of on the trip. And believe it or not, only 8 of them were girls (plus 2 teachers, but I didn't count them). I was glad that they were all nice and most of them were actually my friends. And those who weren't became my friends. So any way, my trip was leaving school at 7:45 am. I was glad that I didn't have to wake up early, I could just take the regular school bus.

Then we took a 1.5 hour flight to Padang. Personally I found it OK, since I got to sit at the window and take a bunch of pictures. In Padang we met our guides and then took the bus to a traditional Minangkabau house. We had our picnic lunch there and then we headed for the Harau Valley Echo Lodge, where we would spend the first 2 nights. It was already dark when we got there, so we got showed straight to our rooms. The girls were all in one house, which had 4 separate rooms in it. We divided into pairs of 2. I was with my friend Julia.

The rock wall of the valley
Then we went to dinner where we got fish with rice and vegetables for dinner. After our wonderful meal, we had a campfire. At the campfire we all introduced ourselves to each other. This activity was mainly for the guides and teachers to get to know our names. Most of us students knew each others names already. Our first day was spent with traveling only but that didn't matter, because it meant that we were all very tired and fell straight to bed. Or at least some of us did. I first wanted to take a shower. So in the shower I saw that there were 2 foists. I thought that there was only cold water, so I switched one on. And as I expected cold water came out. In fact it was freezing.

No comments: