Wednesday, December 23, 2009

21/12/09 The snow storm

Skiing in the morning still went normal. But after lunch, while I was skiing with my parents, the weather got worse. Our skiing started just like in the morning. We rode our most popular "Nordhang" downhill piste with red difficulty. It was kind of icy, but good to ride anyway. A small wind started when we were on the lift. When we all got of the lift my mother and brother quited. They were tiered and cold. My father and I still had fun even though the wind started to get stronger. When my father and I also gave up the wind was so strong that we hardly could ride down the course to the lift that takes us back home. There are two sections of cabin lifts down the valley. The upper lift was out of service and first I was wondering why, but when I noticed the storm again I understood why. It was out service because the wind was too strong and it would be very dangerous to transport skiers. Meanwhile my father and I were skiing down to the lower lift my mother and brother were caught in the upper lift. They were shaking back and forth in that lift. At the end we both arrived at the bus at the same time. When we came home I was in very good mood and went out to play with my brother. We first didn't know what to play but then we started to roll down a hill in the powder snow which was kind of fun. After all that playing and rolling I got super tired. In the winter I never can really get rid of my jet lag. So does the rest of us. We go to bed at 7pm and wake up at 5am. That hasn't changed for about 5 years and I don't know if it will ever change until we move back to Vienna.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Wow, what a good time skiing, despite the heavily blowing wind. I'll bet it was not so fun for your mother and your brother when they were being blown back and forth while on the lift. That can get very cold in a hurry.

Beautiful pics, Emma.

Check the blogs of others. They are also doing very cool things. :-)

mh