Saturday, December 26, 2009

24/12/09 Christmas

Finally it was christmas eve. We skied like usual and then went home for the evening. We decorated a small christmas tree and about 4:30pm we went to the church. Well not exactly to the church. We went to a place where kids sang christmas songs and all others sang along. We do this every year. After that we went to Hotel Neuwirth where where we usually stay in. The people already know us and invited us to nice, warm place to have dinner my parents ordered before. I was really hungry, because we didn't have a proper lunch. All we had was Apfelstrudel, Germknödel and Kaiserschmarren all typical delicious sweet meals in Austria. Don't think that I ate this all by myself! We shared. The reason is the custom not to eat any meat until the evening. My dead said that there is a myth who doesn't eat meat can se a golden piglet in the evening.









For dinner we had had fish which is typical christmas eve dinner. On our way home it was raining, which I was not wondering about at this temperature. At home we found our presents brought by Kristkind (christus child) under the christmas tree. I got two books from Thomas Brezina and the book called The Thief Lord only in German. Then I got a Rubic ball a really hard logic and skill game, and other presents.

1 comment:

Michael said...

The rubic's ball sounds very cool and challenging. I'm anxious to see that if you bring it to school.

Getting books for Christmas is also very nice. I got one I've started, and it is hard to put down.

Keep writing. Your posts are interesting to read, Emma.

mh