Sunday, October 25, 2009

17/10/09 Australia - Ubirr

My family and I took a taxi to the 4WD car that we hired. With this car we went shopping in Darwin and then drove to a nice site in Kakadu National Park, where we looked at some aboriginal paintings and then at the sunset. It was a small walk till there. At the nearest camp we settled down and opened our tents. It was not easy in the darkness. But we managed. One tent was on top of the car and the other one on the ground. My brother and I slept on top of the car. After we ate our dinner we went to bed and fell asleep. It wasn't nice sit at our dinner, because there were many small flies that were disturbing us. My mother told me that there are many flies everywhere at this part of Australia.

1 comment:

Michael said...

So where were you camping, Emma? I know there is a very famous national park east of Darwin. Are you going out there?

This is looking like it could be a very, very cool holiday.

mjh