Sunday, October 25, 2009

19/10/09 Australia - Twin and Jim Jim falls

In the morning we woke up at six and ate our breakfast in the tent, because of the flies. The first walk was a five or six km walk. It was very hot and there were almost no more shadow places. I liked the road that we took to get here. It was very rocky and there were many shallow rivers. One river was 40cm deep. It was fun, because it always shook us up and then down. But at the top our way to the waterfall that was called Twin falls was no water. It was too hot for the water to be here. It was the dry season now and the people say that here has bean no rain since the 10th of March. First I thought that it didn't make any sense to go here, but then I realised that it did, because of the view. I could have stayed even longer if the hot hadn't have killed me. I just had 600ml of water, so I couldn't drink much. Well that was the top of the Twin falls. Back down we took a boat that guided us to the bottom of the falls. There was another walk waiting for us now. I liked this walk more. But in this water there were crocodiles. so you couldn't swim. There was a bridge over a part of this walk. On the bridge were showers. I felt way better after taking a shower. Then the second walk wasn't that long at all. But my mother, brother and I were too tired to walk. We stayed at a nice shadow place and waited for my father to come back from the walk. This walk was a walk to the Jim Jim falls. He said that there was a part of water you could swim in (without crocodiles). I would say that my father almost never gets tired. When my mother, brother and I waited we were explaining things. Like where the sand came from and like this. Just that we didn't tell the truth. It all was just a lie. When my father came we all went back to the car and went to the camp we were yesterday. All we did there was eat. Then we went to a loge with a pool. I was so exited to go into the refreshing pool. The pool really was refreshing. We ate and like always went to bed.



1 comment:

Michael said...

With not much water in the river, Emma, was the water dirty at all, or was it clear?

You mentioned how refreshing the pool at the lodge felt when you were in it. I'll bet that's the truth!

mjh