Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Bungles to Doon Doon






We made a hike to cathedral Gorge (3km return), Domes walk (1km return), and Piccaniny Creek Lookout.

Cathedral Gorge was a cathedral made up of rock, with a green pool in the middle. My brother and I kept on throwing rocks inside. The algae that has formed on the top separated and connected again. It looked pretty cool.
Icky green pool at Cathedral Gorge

Domes walk went past a couple of little mountains. Like the ones in the video game "Tiny Wings". Except that these were not connected to each other like in the game.
Me walking the 'Domes Walk'

Piccaniny Creek Lookout was too much for my brother to walk. I went up to it and saw the whole area (All of the domes). There was wind up there, which felt really good after spending some time walking in the heat.
On our way to Piccaniny Creek - Can you spot my brother sitting there?


Then we drove on to a Helicopter flight. We could see the whole Bungle ranges from up here. The wind up there messed my hair up, but I brushed it afterwards. It wasn't easy, but I managed somehow.

View from Helicopter onto the Bungles
On our way to the Chasm
Echidna Chasm was like a cave with an open roof. My brother didn't feel like walking again, so we left him in the car. It was really cool. There were loads of butterflies. I have no idea where they came from, but they were nice. We also met some bees on the way. I'm kind of used to bees, since my grandmother own some. The trick is to keep calm and not hurt them.  We had to scramble over rocks to get to the end. The heat was becoming unbearable. The walk was 2km return only.

We were meant to end up at El Questro, but we didn't make it that far. We stopped at a free campsite near a shop/tank station called Doon Doon. The area seemed nice in the dark. That was also when we realized that we were now only left with 1 mug and 2 glasses. The others had all been broken.

No comments: