Thursday, October 13, 2011

HVS to Manning Gorge


Again we were driving for most of the day. On our way we completely shredded a tire in the middle of nowhere. Just the way the outback is. My dad had to change with the spare in the killing heat. I was just watching and playing with the burning rubber that came from the inside of the tire. This tire was at it's complete end. A repair is pretty much impossible.
My dad fixing the shredded tire

Manning Gorge
Manning Gorge was also one of those gorges with a water pool at the end. It was apparently supposed to be a 2km long walk there. It felt like much more. It took us 1 hour to get there and we were walking pretty fast. Going back to our camp felt half as long. Maybe because I had something to do this time other than walking and spotting some lizards. I was talking to my brother about random things that didn't make much sense if I think about it now. Like for example our Christmas wish lists(mine is still empty), school, and Lego. My brother used to be obsessed with Lego. Not as much now though. There was a man walking in the opposite direction than us, and he overtook us at the end. I don't think he went all the way. It was impossible. He might only have gone to the "x", which was about 3/4 of the way to the gorge. My brother wanted to stop to drink every second. I got forced to drink too each time. I hate being forced to drink.

3 comments:

Klaudia said...

COOL tire!

mhughes said...

That tire shredding is wicked bad. There was no way you could help while your dad slaved away in the heat?

mjh

Emma said...

I brought him water.
But other than that, not really