Sunday, October 9, 2011

Derby to Fitzroy Crossing

Today we did a 7km hike at Windjana Gorge. It was pretty tiring, especially to carry a water bottle with you the whole way. The bottle kept on slipping out of my hands and I didn't even want to drink. Not to mention the heat over here. We saw a lot of freshwater crocodiles. They are meant to be harmless unless you try to pet them or pick them up. We also spotted a kangaroo, that I didn't feel like chasing. It looked too sweet and adorable to chase. My brother just kept on talking about eating the kangaroo.

We went to Tunnel Creek after that. It was on;y 200 meters to the entrance. We had to take our flashlights because it was a 1km long tunnel that was all dark inside. We wadded through water in the tunnel and I ended up getting my shorts wet, because of the deep  water. There were bats in there too.

Drawing from the art center
We slept on the side of the road this night. There were cars and trucks passing by, but rarely. We took a shower in the open, but dark, on the side of the road. It was weird. But since nobody was passing, it was fine. (The shower is part of the RV)

No comments: