Sunday, October 16, 2011

On our way back to Jakarta

When I woke up in the morning I saw a huge caravan in the parking spot next to us. It was 11.5 meters in length and about 4 meters in height. Our little RV looked tiny compared to this huge monster. They had a Border Collie with them. The two elderly people lived in the caravan. I think that that is pretty amazing. I can't imagine a life in a camper.

We headed for the rental place, where we rented or RV and  gave it back. Our vacation was pretty much over now. We seemed to have completely wrecked the car. We broke 3 mugs, 2 glasses, Shredded a tire, and we crashed into a tree when driving backwards. Very interesting when you look back at what  a human is capable of doing in only 1 week. Or actually, about 9 days.

We ended up at a transit hotel in Singapore. We were too tired to go on to Jakarta. We had a great peaceful sleep and continued to Jakarta the next day in the morning. I was really happy to see my dog again. She seamed very happy to see us too. Jumping and running around the house were just 2 of the things she did. Licking my face was another. I loved the holiday and really look forward to going back. By the way, Christmas is creeping up on us. And I'm going to Finkenberg, in Austria. Just like last year. Even the same hotel as last year and many years before that. It is our winter holiday destination from now on. Until things take on differently. I'm going to blog that holiday too. So keep your eyes out for it.

1 comment:

mhughes said...

My eyes will be open for that one, Emma. I'm sorry for not seeing your earlier work. I didn't know you were keeping this up.

I'm still your fan, and will continue to read.

mh