Saturday, October 15, 2011

Derby to Broome



Oysters
Willy Creek Pearl farm: We went to the tour at 2 p.m. Since it was only 11 a.m, we set for the beach. There were meant to be crocodiles in the water. I didn't bother changing, so I decided to just play with the water a little bit without getting wet. Without much success. I was running away from the waves, but sometimes that were so big that the plashed me completely wet. I ha to change at the end, so that I didn't have to live through the tour in wet clothing. During the tour there was a girl called Tara who explained the origin of pearls and the way they are formed. Of coarse there was much more info, other than that. We also went on a boat tour after that, which was part of the pearl tour. My brother, mother, and dad went on a helicopter flight afterwards. The view was amazing. According to the pictures and my family's point of view. I waited on the ground for only about 5 minutes.
View from helicopter onto Willy Creek

"Staircase to the moon"
In Broome we watched the sunset and then found our way to another beach for the "staircase to the moon". My brother stayed in the car sleeping, while the rest of us took our folding chairs and watched the moon come up and showed the staircase. We barely found a caravan Park in the the dark. Well we found about 4, but they were all closed. The last one at least had open gates. So we went in and wanted to pay for the night in the morning. It was 9:30 in the evening anyway.

2 comments:

mhughes said...

Emma, your family does some really interesting things. I don't know anybody who's been to Broome. Perth, Sidney, Cairns, yes, but to Broome?

I've always wanted to go there to see the pearling industry and the rough geography around it.

Why didn't you go on the helicopter ride? :-(

mjh

Emma said...

the helicopter could only take three people, sad I know.
An I get dizzy from them anyway.