Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Doon Doon to HVS (Home Valley Station)


In the morning we were all soaked through, because of the heat. There were flies everywhere. When I stepped out of the RV I saw that the place isn't that nice after all. We made it to El Questro now. We visited the Zebedee Springs.

Zebedee Springs is just like a river of warm water. My mom loved it and so did the rest of us. My dad and I were catching tadpoles. It was fun, but they gt away all the time. We had a great time splashing around.
The Zebedee Springs

Jackaroo's Waterhole was our next destination in El Questro. There was a huge boab tree in the area and of coarse water. Unfortunately we weren't allowed to swim in it.

Chamberlain Gorge was surrounded by water. We couldn't walk there. There were crocodiles supposedly. We saw a small kangaroo on the shore. We rented a boat to view this gorge. The boat was self service and it went really slowly. When the wind came, we got blown away, because the motor couldn't take on the wind.

Emma Gorge Waterfall
Emma Gorge was really interesting, I thought. The surrounding started out as a savanna and burned trees everywhere, but then changed to a magical rain forest. It was really cool. We kept on following blue ribbons which led up a river. We didn't walk through the river, but we did go across twice. My brother fell on the way, and kept saying how ugly this gorge was. But in fact it was really nice, and he knew that. My dad and I went swimming in the freezing water at the end. It was really fun to go under the waterfall. At the left side was another tiny waterfall with warm water. It was a so called thermal waterfall or something like that. It was warm like in a bathtub. My brother was there the whole time and I joined him after a while. When it was time to go, I kept complaining. But it was no use. We left.

We ended up at HVS. It was a really nice camp with a horse stable, a pool, playground and a restaurant. We ate kangaroo for dinner. My brother kept on threatening me. Saying that we're eating a kangaroo. Just because I like kangaroos. Of coarse it didn't bother me much. Most of the other things he says and does bother me a lot.

No comments: