Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Friday, 16th & 17th December


Our Christmas Tree in Jakarta
We headed towards the airport right after Madness. This time we flew with Turkish Airlines again. Once we have arrived in Vienna, I felt home again. It was cold, but y family and I survived. It wasn’t that cold actually. We just didn’t have the proper clothing on. We wanted to go eat lunch with our neighbors, who actually live under us, but that didn’t really work out. Then we wanted to go to “Christkindlmarkt” with another of our friends, which didn’t really work either. So we then just visited our neighbors and chatted about how life in general went. The parents then got into the topic “School”, so my parents showed them the VPA Video. The sound wasn’t that great actually. We never got to meet our other friends, but we still went to the “Christkindlmark”. It was nice there. I haven’t been to one for ages. The last time I went, I was about 6 or so. There were so many people there though, tourists mainly. We all bought a drink, but I was the only one who wanted to keep the mug. My brother especially, just wanted to have the money. If you returned a mug, you got back 2 Euros. I wasn’t really bothered about the money. After we were done at the market, we had to go to “Spar” to buy some cereal, milk, bread and other things to eat in the morning, before we would head for Finkenberg in Tirol to go skiing. It’s the same place as last year, the same hotel even.

2 comments:

Michael said...

I've always wanted to go to one of those shopping marts they hold during the Christmas season. Friends have told me of all the cool Christmas ornaments you can buy.

Do you still have the cup you chose over 2 Euros? Are you actually using it for drinking, or holding loose change? :-)

Great to see you're writing again.

Emma said...

I'm keeping and using it
I use it everyday.