Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Thursday, 22nd December



My brother and I planned to ski the first 3 days and then snowboard the next 3. So today was our first snowboarding day. My brother and I had the same instructor, but after a while we realized that that wasn’t the best idea. My brother didn’t have as much training as I did. The runs we spent most of the time on were too simple for me. I could already do the curves, while my brother couldn’t. That was fine though. We would now have separate lessons. When I looked around, it was still snowing. It had snowed since I woke up. When I went to bed it was still snowing. But before it was bedtime, my mom and I went to look for some ski pants again. This time we found some. They are black, but at least they went pretty good together with my blue and grey jacket, unlike the orange ones that I wore earlier today. They are much too thin; I was so cold in them today. They get soaking wet really easily, especially when you’re snowboarding, because with the snowboard you are on the ground a lot. On our way back home we saw a car on the street that was trying to stop, but since the road was slippery, it slid down for about 5 meters. A car behind it tried to stop as well and so did the one behind that one. The third car ended up crashing slightly into the second. The second car’s right backlight was broken then. It still lit up, but the plastic was broken. After seeing this, my mom and I spent a while waiting for the cars to pass before we crossed the road. We were scared that the car might not be able to stop in time when it saw us. It would hit the brakes on time, but the slippery road would still keep it moving. Because we were too busy talking about this car thing, we forgot to order milk and bread at the hotel reception for the next day. So he did that while the others were preparing to go to bed.

1 comment:

Michael said...

So busy watching for cars to crash (into you!!!) that you forgot part of the groceries?

I know what you mean about being on the ground a lot when you're snowboarding. I am the same way. My knees and seat end up wet and cold by lunchtime. :-(