Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Saturday, 31st December


Sunset in Vienna

Today is the last day of 2011.We didn’t go anywhere and did barely anything during this day. I was bored so I read and read and read. I finished a book and immediately started a new one. After reading about 5 chapters I was getting so bored of this reading. I am not really capable of reading more than 3 hours. And this was probably even 4 hours. If I was a Koala, I would have wasted my whole day reading. At around 3:30 my great aunt came over. My dad showed some pictures from Australia, summer, winter, and Sulawesi. Once my great aunt has left, my grandmother and I went to the city to check out how they have set things up for New Year. They had a huge living Christmas tree set up. It was blinking and had huge decorations. When we got back home we watched a New Years Eve show on TV. They have these people singing and performing other things. There was a group who sang the “Meet the Flintstones” song. I think that that was the best performance. I liked the dancing that they did, because they threw things in the air and did other silly things. 5 minutes before 12 all channels changed to a ticking clock. It was doing “tick, tick, tick, tick” which was getting pretty annoying after a while. 5 minutes of plain ticking is not really interesting. At exactly 12 it went “ding, dong, ding, dong” for a while. That is when the fireworks started shooting into the air and lighting up the whole sky. My brother missed it because he was sleeping. He tried his best to stay up, but he got so tired that he decided to go to bed in the end. In order to see the fireworks better, we went up onto the balcony and watched. There were fireworks shooting up from every direction. No matter where you looked all you saw was fireworks and fireworks. Some were bright and loud while others were a complete fail. Even the people 3 houses down were shooting fireworks. They landed right inside our neighbor’s yard. We drank and drank. I took a juice while the adults took some alcohol. Welcome year 2012.

No comments: