Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Saturday, 24th December



Timo and I at dinner
Presents underneath the wooden Christmas tree
It’s CHRISTMAS!!! I barely noticed that it was already the 24th. For me the time went by much too fast. It was another snowboarding day for me. Except that this time, there were no instructors. That was perfect for me, but my brother was going crazy about it. He kept on saying that he needed an instructor or else he would get killed, and blablabla. Up to lunchtime both my brother and I were just on the small lifts. My mom and dad took turns supervising us. It was pretty boring for me. I wanted to do something much more exciting. This part of the mountain was meant for beginners and I wasn’t in the mood of staying. At the end my mom and I wanted to go all the way down to the gondola. But only on the next round. First we wanted to go up the anchor lift once more and then down. But I was so excited about going all the way down that I missed the entrance to the anchor lift and I was too far down to walk up there. Then I spotted my dad coming down, so I went down in record speed to catch up with him. But since he was on ski and I was on snowboard, it didn’t work that well. My family is much better at skiing than snowboarding, which means that I stood no chance against my dad. I didn’t catch him, but I still went up with the gondola.. I was worried about my mom, because I thought that she might worry about me. SO I tried to make it as fast as possible. I caught up with her on the beginners track. I was so happy to not have made her too worried. We decided to still go all the way down together. It was a much calmer ride, because I didn’t have to rush that much. After lunch my brother got an instructor and I could snowboard with my parents. It was fun, but very tiring. Once we got home it was time for the real Christmas. First we went to watch children and some adults play Christmas songs. Then we went for the family dinner part of Christmas. We went to the hotel’s restaurant to eat. We always go there. The last part of our Christmas tradition is opening the presents. My mom got an IPad, which she really wished, and a cookbook. My dad got a book about professional fitness, and my brother got his beloved Beats. He was happy for once. He also got a bunch of clothing. I got a book about horses and horseback riding, and a book from my favorite series. Well, one of my favorite. I got the WII game and some more clothing as well. So that’s how our Christmas went. Not much different from all the other ones, but in some way, it still felt very unique.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Though you say the Christmas was like all the others, you did say there was a feeling of uniqueness in it. That is good, as that time with family in such a special location is not reality for everyone.

Snowboarding-do you have trouble getting off the lifts? The worst thing about the chair lift for me is getting off. I always seem to fall. :-)