Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sunday, 18th December


Me Sledding
We left for the Train Station at 6 in the morning. The ride took 5 hours to Jenbach with the OBB. Then we had to take a smaller train which would bring us to Mayrhofen. There we took a taxi to get to Finkenberg. We stayed in “Hotel Neuwirt”. We have stayed there many times before. Even last year we slept in that hotel. The hotel owns an apartment that we stayed in. I like it, because since we wake up at 4 in the morning and go to bed at 6, we won’t have to wait for breakfast and dinner. We wanted to go to “Spar” to buy some groceries, but it was closed. Instead we went onto a sort of hike. My brother and I took our sleds with us to slide down on. Our actual goal was to get to a restaurant up there but it was closed. On our way down, my brother and I slid down on our sleds. The snow was blowing into our face, making it feel completely numb. It felt like paradise to see the snow again. Everything felt so home. I could not understand how I could feel comfortable in the cold, but that’s just the way it was. Once at the bottom, my brother and I had to go borrow some skis so we could go skiing the next day.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Handy you took the sled along, eh?

You speak so strongly of the snow and the overall winter climate. I can see you living in the northern hemisphere for sure some day. There is summer, there is winter.

I enjoy both and look forward to when Ms. Bammi and I move to North America.

Emma said...

We brought the sleds on purpose, because we knew we would go sledding some time. I love the northern hemisphere.